- New Here?
Everything we have comes from the gracious hand of the Lord. Our giving is in grateful response to the generosity of God, who gave his Son to die for us.
As Christians, our wealth is not our own. It ultimately belongs to the Lord, and he has entrusted it to us as his stewards, and one day we will give an account of how we have used that which the Lord has entrusted to us.
The Lord expects us to use our wealth to provide for our material needs, and for the needs of our immediate and extended families (1 Tim 5:8). Beyond that, we are called to serve the Lord by giving towards local and global ministry and missions.
A good way to be regular in giving is by scheduled internet banking / direct transfer.
- TO GIVE TO THE ST JAMES MINISTRY ACCOUNT Account: St James Anglican Church BSB: 032-089 (Westpac Turramurra) Account #: 250028
- TO GIVE TO THE ST JAMES MISSION ACCOUNT Account: St James Mission Account BSB: 032-089 (Westpac Turramurra) Account #: 146378
- TO GIVE TO THE ST JAMES WAR MEMORIAL HALL DEVELOPMENT FUND Account: St James Memorial Hall Development Fund BSB 032-089 (Westpac Turramurra) #: 239718 Donations to this account are tax deductible.
Alternatively, you can give each Sunday via the offertory. There are dated offertory envelopes available in the foyer which many find a helpful prompt. For more details, see the “Wise Stewardship” brochure
Jesus responded with compassion to those in need. As a church, we want to reflect Christ’s compassion to the world.
- World Vision - St James actively supports the World Vision 40-Hour Famine each year. Our youth group raised over $24,000 in 2011.
- Anglicare - We support Anglicare’s Toys‘N’Tucker Appeal at Christmas time, collecting toys and food for Christmas hampers. We donate church offertories on two Sundays each year to Anglicare, for use in compassionate aid. We also run Community Collection Sunday in June each year to collect tonnes of food items for Anglicare to distribute to those in need.
- Anglican Aid - We encourage the members of the congregation to support “Anglican Aid” (formerly known as the Archbishop of Sydney’s Appeals Unit). Anglican Aid supports overseas development, overseas ministry, and community care.
- Other Missions - We support a diverse range of missions and missionary organisations through the weekly offertory envelopes. We also encourage members of St James to support these missions and agencies directly.